Learning unit MALC01: Key concepts of the service lifecycle
• Managing services and service management
• The service life cycle
• Service value across the different stages of the service lifecycle
• Other key concepts.
Learning unit MALC02: Communication and stakeholder management
• Co-ordination of business relationship management across the service lifecycle, and the role of business relationship management in communication
• Stakeholder management and communication
• The value of good communication and ensuring its flow across the service lifecycle.
Learning unit MALC03: Integrating service management processes acrossthe service lifecycle
• The integration of service management processes through the service lifecycle
• The impact of service strategy on other service lifecycle stages
• The value of a service lifecycle perspective when designing service solutions
• The inputs and outputs of processes and stages in the service lifecycle
• The value to business and the interfaces of all processes in the ITIL service lifecycle.
Learning unit MALC04: Managing services across the service lifecycle
• Identification and assessment of customer and stakeholder needs and requirements across all service lifecycle stages, and ensuring appropriate priority is given to them
• How the service design package provides a link between service design, service transition and service operation
• Managing cross-lifecycle processes to ensure appropriate impact and involvement at all required service lifecycle stages
• Implementing and improving services, using key sources of information for identifying the need for improvement
• The challenges, critical success factors and risks of the service lifecycle stages, and potential conflicts and competing issues across the service lifecycle.
Learning unit MALC05: Governance and organization
• Organizational structure, skills and competence
• Service provider types and service strategies.
Learning unit MALC06: Measurement
• Measuring and demonstrating business value
• Determining and using metrics
• Design and development of measurement frameworks and methods
• Monitoring and control systems
• Use of event management tools to increase visibility of the infrastructure and IT service delivery.
Learning unit MALC07: Implementing and improving service management capability
• Implementing service management
• Assessing service management
• Improving service management
• Key considerations for the implementation and improvement of both the service management practice and the services themselves